Job ID: 18577
APC is seeking an Senior Application Developer in St. Petersburg, FL.
This position will provide IT solutions support and delivery for Power Delivery business units. Focus will be on Outage Management Systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with other team members to provide day-to-day production support for existing systems.
- Participate in 24 X 7 on-call support rotation as needed.
- Participate in extended on site support during storm restoration activities
- Provide technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems.
- Perform systems design and integration.
- Develop applications to provide cost effective solutions to business problems.
- Consult with customers to define their business requirements, communicate problems, issues and resolutions.
- Work directly with vendors and IT entities to ensure issues are escalated, classified and documented properly.
- Support company's goals and represent the company positively and professionally.
- Four year college degree or work experience equivalent
- 5-10 Years experience with application development and/or support
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex individual assignments and leading small projects
- Demonstrated strong ability to perform requirements analysis, functional and technical design, coding, testing (unit, system, and integration), documentation, and implementation of application programs using standard processes.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge in a rapidly changing I/T environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and operate effectively under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and properly prioritize multiple tasks/projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of client/server concepts and object oriented design, including experience in associated environment.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, oral and written. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of client/server concepts and object oriented design.
- Demonstrated experience supporting vendor installed applications.
- Experience with WebSphere Application Development environment (Optional)
- Experience with Intergraph Outage Management System Product Suite (Optional)
- Knowledge of the Electric Distribution, Electric Transmission, Florida Customer Service System, and Energy Delivery Florida Business and/or their applications
- Demonstrated: Object Oriented Programming skills with Java, JSF, JSP, C#.Net with experience using relational databases Oracle, DB2, SQL. Proficient with WebSphere MQ Messaging.